“Take” what You Need, “Leave” what you can.
For when I was hungry you gave me meat……Matthew 25:35-40
Springbrook is partnering with Micro Pantry Organization to help serve the greater Plainfield/Oswego Area for those in need of food items for their family with this Micro Pantry located right on Springbrook’s Campus.
Springbrook is site # 71 on the Micro Pantry Organization’s list of locations.
General Statistics about all 75 Micro Pantries (and growing) in the Greater Chicago Metropolitan Area:
- 1 pantry can feed 13 families and average of 60 lbs of food is donated/used per day
- All Pantries: 1 day: Average of 4500 lbs of food used to serve 975 families
- All Pantries: 1 month: Average of 135,000 lbs of food used & serves approximately 11,000 families
If your family or another family is in need of food items, please visit the Micro Pantry on Springbrook’s Campus or the other Micro Pantry locations.
OR, if you are willing to help stock Springbrook’s Micro Pantry, please feel free to drop off the items directly in the Micro Pantry on Springbrook’s Campus or contact a team member.
Popular Items stocked in the Micro Pantry
- Baby Food and other items (diapers/wipes, etc.)
- Canned Beans
- Canned Chicken
- Canned Fish (Tuna/Salmon)
- Canned Meat (Span and Ham)
- Canned Vegetables
- Cereal Boxes registry
- Cooking Oils (Olive/Canola)
- Dried Herbs and Spices
- Fruit (Canned/Dried)
- Granola Bars
- Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Meals in a box (Mac and Cheese, etc.)
- Pasta (Noodles/Sauces)
- Peanut Butter/Jelly
- Shelf Stable Powdered Milk
- Soups, Stew and Chili
- *No detergent or soaps
Direct Contact Info for Springbrook’s Micro Pantry:
Britt Kolb, Micro Pantry Coordinator: email@example.com
Jason Scott, Small Group Leadership Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about the Micro Pantry Organization or find other Micro Pantry locations through the Guardian Group Visit: www.micropantries.org