Since 1993, more than 168 million boys and girls in over 130 countries have experienced God’s love through the power of simple shoebox gifts from Operation Christmas Child. Samaritan’s Purse works with local churches and ministry partners to deliver the gifts and share the life-changing Good News of Jesus Christ.
Click the play button to watch the inspiration video of a shoebox recipient, Judy Lopez.
National collection week: November 16th – 23th, 2020
Springbrook Community Church
11247 South Heggs Road, Plainfield IL 60585
Mon, Nov 16; 11-1pm
Tue, Nov 17; 11-1pm
Wed, Nov 18; 11-1pm
Thur, Nov 19; 5-7pm
Fri, Nov 20; 11-1pm
Sat, Nov 21; 10-1pm
Sun, Nov 22; 1-4pm
Mon, Nov 23; 11-1pm
Mon, Nov 23; 11-1; 5-7pm
In order to make OCC a success, we need many volunteers to man the relay center throughout the day.
- Collection shifts at the designated time slots each day.
- We also need volunteers to provide snacks and drinks for volunteers. All snacks should be dropped off at the church on Sunday, November 15th.
Due to COVID, shoebox collection will be different this year.
- All collection will be done curbside. No donors will be entering the building.
- Gloves, masks and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Curbside dropoff will result in the need for a few more volunteers for each shift as more volunteer time will be dedicated to unloading shoeboxes.
Thank you so much for your willingness to serve. A virus will not stop the Gospel from being shared with children all over the world. God is bigger than COVID!
How to Pack a Shoebox
Need suggestions on what to put (or not put) inside your shoebox gift? Looking for the labels to attach to your box? Find everything you need to pack an amazing gift for a special child right here.