Matthew Woodford, Senior Pastor
Matthew Woodford is the senior pastor of Springbrook Community Church. He began his ministry at Springbrook in January 2004. He has been married to Rachel since November 1987 and has two sons, Caleb and Zachary.
- What is your favorite snack? Plain M&M’s
- What’s your favorite movie? Barefoot in the Park and Air Force One
- Most memorable Experience? Seeing both of my children born and now watching them grow up and have all my bad habits.
- First Job? Newspaper boy at age 11, bus boy at Ground Round Restaurant at age 16.
- What do you look for in a friend? Loyalty and realness
- Biggest Challenge? Transitioning the church and avoiding sideways energy, so the church remains on mission.
John Apple, Celebration Arts Pastor
John joined the staff at Springbrook February 2005. He and his wife Leigh were married December 1987 and have three children, Todd, Katie and Scott.
- What is your favorite snack? Popcorn
- What’s your favorite movie? On Golden Pond, Gettysburg, Christmas Vacation
- Most Memorable Experience? 1) Experiencing sunrise with my family on the rim of the Grand Canyon. 2) Having our children meet and spend time with original Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz.
- First Job? Bus boy at Rachel’s Kitchen, Opryland Hotel
- What do you look for in a friend? Authenticity & Understanding
- Biggest Challenge? Realizing there’s only 28 hours in a day.
Julie Shepherd, Director of Children’s Ministries
Julie joined the Springbrook staff in July 2005 as Director of Children’s Ministries. Julie served 10+ years in the Children’s and Preschool areas at Springbrook prior to joining our staff. She is a graduate of Northern Illinois University with a BS in Education with Early Childhood – 9th grade certification. She is married to John and they have two sons, Jeremy and Jordan.
- What is your favorite snack? Peanut M&Ms and anything chocolate!
- What is your favorite movie? There are 2 movies that stick out as some of my favorites, The Goodbye Girl and National Treasure.
- Your most memorable experience? One of my most memorable experiences was standing outside Cinderella’s Castle at Disney World watching the Spectra Magic Parade. Dreams do come true. What can I say, I am just a kid at heart!
- Your first job? I worked as a cashier at a hardware store.
- What do you look for in a friend? It’s important that a friend is trustworthy and a good listener.
- What’s your biggest challenge? Juggling being a wife, mother, and working outside the home.