Matthew Woodford, Senior Pastor
Matthew Woodford is the senior pastor of Springbrook Community Church. He began his ministry at Springbrook in January 2004. He has been married to Rachel since November 1987 and has two sons, Caleb and Zachary.
- What is your favorite snack? Plain M&M’s
- What’s your favorite movie? Barefoot in the Park and Air Force One
- Most memorable Experience? Seeing both of my children born and now watching them grow up and have all my bad habits.
- First Job? Newspaper boy at age 11, bus boy at Ground Round Restaurant at age 16.
- What do you look for in a friend? Loyalty and realness
- Biggest Challenge? Transitioning the church and avoiding sideways energy, so the church remains on mission.
John Apple, Celebration Arts Pastor
John joined the staff at Springbrook February 2005. He and his wife Leigh were married December 1987 and have three children, Todd, Katie and Scott.
- What is your favorite snack? Popcorn
- What’s your favorite movie? On Golden Pond, Gettysburg, Christmas Vacation
- Most Memorable Experience? 1) Experiencing sunrise with my family on the rim of the Grand Canyon. 2) Having our children meet and spend time with original Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz.
- First Job? Bus boy at Rachel’s Kitchen, Opryland Hotel
- What do you look for in a friend? Authenticity & Understanding
- Biggest Challenge? Realizing there’s only 28 hours in a day.
Julie Shepherd, Director of Children’s Ministries
Julie joined the Springbrook staff in July 2005 as Director of Children’s Ministries. Julie served 10+ years in the Children’s and Preschool areas at Springbrook prior to joining our staff. She is a graduate of Northern Illinois University with a BS in Education with Early Childhood – 9th grade certification. She is married to John and they have two sons, Jeremy and Jordan.
- What is your favorite snack? Peanut M&Ms and anything chocolate!
- What is your favorite movie? There are 2 movies that stick out as some of my favorites, The Goodbye Girl and National Treasure.
- Your most memorable experience? One of my most memorable experiences was standing outside Cinderella’s Castle at Disney World watching the Spectra Magic Parade. Dreams do come true. What can I say, I am just a kid at heart!
- Your first job? I worked as a cashier at a hardware store.
- What do you look for in a friend? It’s important that a friend is trustworthy and a good listener.
- What’s your biggest challenge? Juggling being a wife, mother, and working outside the home.
Sam Pettersen, Youth Pastor
Sam joined the staff of Springbrook in March 2017. Sam and his wife, Apryl, have been married for five years and have a 11 month old daughter, Allie.
- What is your favorite snack? Frozen Reese’s and Dr. Pepper
- What’s your favorite movie? Lego Movie Series
- Most Memorable Experience? When my daughter was born my entire world changed. It was like there was a shift in my identity and purpose in one instant
- First Job? Waiter at the Dairy Diner
- What do you look for in a friend? Humor is a big deal and the ability to be authentic.
- Biggest Challenge? I’m a people pleaser at heart so I’m still learning how to say “No”
Anthony Kasper, Executive Pastor
Anthony joined the staff in May 2017. Anthony has been married since 2014 to Joy and has a son named Isaac. Some of his hobbies include running, any and all Minnesota sports teams, and traveling. Anthony is a HUGE Minnesota Vikings fan and bleeds purple!
- What is your favorite snack? Cool Ranch Doritos. Feel free to leave a bag on my desk. 🙂
- What is your favorite movie? Remember the Titans, Gladiator, and Oceans 11, 12, and 13
- Your most memorable experience? Getting married and witnessing the birth of my son. Also ranking high is the time I ate two Chipotle burritos in one sitting.
- Your first job? Skinning deer for a local butcher… true story
- What do you look for in a friend? Someone who will push me to be my best
- What’s your biggest challenge? Balancing work, family, personal time, and friends.